Monday, July 26, 2010

Unusual comfort object

Here is Rachel with a typical comfort object, a blankie.

Not long ago Rachel saw me leave the room, and she started crying and reaching past the baby gate - her usual routine. Although she couldn't follow after me, she picked up my shoe and hugged it. She even showed Daddy her Mommy's shoe. When I came back, she was no longer crying, just carrying my old, dirty, smelly, shoe around with her.

I thought that was a one-time deal. But alas, she continues to carry my shoe (or sandal) around the house. It's actually pretty funny, unless I'm going somewhere and can only find one shoe.

On the other hand, Rachel enjoys playing with all shoes. She carries them around and tries to put them on (with little success). She especially likes swinging shoes by their laces or chewing on the velcro. However, my shoe is the only one she snuggles with.













Hey, look! I found pictures of Rachel chewing on Dominic's
sandals during our camping trip. Too bad you can't hear her giggling through the photos - she was very happy and proud of herself.

P.S. Check out the new poll in honor of Rachel. I put it up for a long time, so hopefully we'll get a lot of responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment