Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little kleptos

I haven't seen the cough drops in a couple of days. This afternoon I found the girls with handfuls of them. "Lisy, where did you find the cough drops?" I asked curiously.

"In my room!" she happily declared, dancing around the room.

"Why are they in your room?" I wondered.

"So no one will see me take them!" And she danced away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Benjamin was between 1 and 3, he was a very good pickpocket. He would come up to us and smile, babble, and even giggle sometimes. His expression would then turn serious, and he would run away. He usually took our chapstick, sometimes coins or a cell phone. He was very smooth. It took us awhile to catch on to what he was doing, because we couldn't believable that a toddler was capable of it. Even when we figured it out, he could still trick us - we wanted to believe he actually came over to play with us. Luckily Benjamin has grown out of this habit, but he still likes to be sneaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment