Friday, March 26, 2010

Sunny days

As the weather warms up and the sun shines more, I keep sending the kids outside to play and always say, "It's a beautiful day. Go out and enjoy it."

The other day after I told Benjamin to go outside, he had to go to the bathroom. When he eventually came out, he asked, "Mom, is it still beautiful outside?" When I answered in the affirmative, he happily ran out to play.

The weather was very nice again the next day. We were going somewhere as a family, and I was upstairs getting ready while Dominic ushered the children out to the car. He told me that as they went outside, each one exclaimed, "What a beautiful day!"

It reminds me of growing up in Maryland and my mom would say, "This is a California day," every time the sun was out and the humidity was low. I always thought, "Yeah, right, how can any place always be perfect?" Then I moved to California during the dry season and discovered that she was right!

1 comment:

  1. I don't about your corner of the country, but around here the weather changes so fast that asking just five minutes later if the weather is still beautiful is perfectly valid.

    ReplyDelete