Sunday, February 6, 2011

Misheard

Benjamin and Samuel are demonstrating how to play the new musical instrument they invented. In case you can't tell, that is a slinky strung up between 2 chairs.

I have learned that although a child may have excellent hearing, some things we say may not make sense. So the child's mind will come up with something that does make sense.

For example, I told the children the story of "Hansel and Gretel." Afterwards, Samuel kept asking me to tell him the story of "Han Solo and Gretel" again. Now that would make an interesting story.

We watched a tv show about high speed car chases. Benjamin called them "hyper car chases." Well, yeah, I imagine the driver is a bit hyper during the chase.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all do that with, for instance, song lyrics--the classic being CCR's "there's a bad moon on the rise," as "there's a bathroom on the right." 'Cause, you know, song lyrics don't always make obvious sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. Sometimes the lyrics I come up with make a lot more sense than the actual lyrics. I can't think of any examples right now, but it has happened.

    ReplyDelete