Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sweet brothers

We were all getting back into the van to head home from the park. Makayla ran towards the van in the parking lot and tripped, scraping a hand and both knees. I decided to just go home, because there wasn't much I could do for her at the park. She cried and bled the whole way. Once home (just five minutes later) I tried cleaning the scrapes. She kept pulling away and crying more. We needed help.

I called in the cavalry, a.k.a. Benjamin and Samuel. Makayla sat on Samuel's lap while he held her tightly. Benjamin held her hand and kept up a steady stream of comforting words. She quickly stopped crying. I was able to clean and bandage the scraped knees and hand without interruption. The boys were so sweet and duly sympathetic. Makayla was actually in a good mood at the end of the ordeal and happily showed off her new band-aids.

2 comments:

  1. I love to hear stories like this. Siblings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of our boys for the way they comforted their little sister! Way to go....(and kudos to you, Mom, for thinking of that ploy!) It is a beautiful thing that you have raised your children to be close and loving to one another.

    ReplyDelete