Monday, November 4, 2013

Pokey Little Puppy

Elisa doesn't do anything fast. Although I appreciate her laid back style, sometimes she needs to move faster than a snail. For instance I wake her up in plenty of time to get ready for school. I even stand there reminding her to get dressed: "Now put on your shirt, your shirt, put your shirt on, yes the one you're holding. Remember your socks, both socks, put them on your feet, not your hands, your feet." You get the idea. Somehow she still misses the bus. I drive her to school at least 2 days a week. (I hope I never get into an accident, because now I just wear my bathrobe and slippers.)

Poor Lisy, the other day when we were in a hurry to get to a doctor's appointment, she looked up at me, and with wide eyes asked, "Why does everyone always tell me to hurry up?"


1 comment:

  1. Tell her I know exactly how she feels. The world is so concerned about time, and getting things done in the least amount of it. We need a pause button so we can put our socks on our hands for a little while.

    ReplyDelete