Monday, May 5, 2014

Sweet Hour of Prayers

Elisa: If I read in the afternoon, I fall asleep. The other afternoon Elisa asked if she could read to me, and since I wasn't going to do the reading, I thought it would be alright. Nope - I fell asleep pretty fast. I vaguely remember snuggling up to Lisy, but she was gone when I woke up. That night Lisy prayed, "Thank you that I could read to Mommy, and thank you that I could be Mommy's teddy bear."


 Rachel: I'm trying to transition Rachel from repeating everything I say during her bedtime prayers to thinking about what she wants to say. I ask questions like, "What else are you thankful for?" Her usual response is "wainbows." Lately when I ask if she wants to pray for anyone, she responds with "Please bless Mommy to get enough sleep." Then she smiles at me and whispers, "that's for you." 


4 comments: