Thursday, February 25, 2010

Potty training angst

So Lisy had to go potty the other day; however, she had already made a mess in her pull-ups. I couldn't get there immediately. By the time I arrived, well, remember that scene in "Daddy Day Care" when Eddie Murphy's character was looking aghast at the bathroom and the kid said, "I missed" as he came out? Yeah, something like that.

I was wiping everything down with Lysol disinfecting wipes when I noticed that Lisy had tried to clean herself up. "Oh, I see you already wiped," I commented.

And in her sweetest, proudest voice she said, "Your welcome," and I looked up into her happy, smiling face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although the boys have been potty trained for awhile, I always make them go to the bathroom before we go on any where farther than 20 minutes away. Sometimes they adamantly tell me that they do not need to go. But I insist. "Just try to go. You might surprise yourself."

And sometimes they come back and excitedly proclaim, "Mommy! I surprised myself!"

2 comments:

  1. Last week I went shopping at two stores with Caleb. He had to go at each store. Katrina wanted to "go" too in the special little potty at Sam's Club. It was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. Sometimes it feels like I spend more time with the kids the bathroom than I do in the actual store.

    ReplyDelete