Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Did she think she was helping?

Lisy was sad. She came over and sat next to me and cried. At almost 3-years-old, Lisy cries about a lot of things.

Rachel was nearby. She picked up a toy and held it over Lisy's head. I gently moved the toy away so that if it fell, it wouldn't land on Lisy. We did this several more times. Rachel holding up the toy, and me gently swatting it away.

After a while Lisy felt better and stopped fussing. While I was distracted and talking to Lisy, Rachel snuck in one more attempt, this time succeeding. She dropped the hard plastic toy directly on Lisy's head. Luckily Lisy felt better and barely noticed. Rachel, happy with her successful drop, turned away.

If only Rachel could talk. I want to know what she thought she was doing, and why she did it. Unfortunately no one can explain the mind of a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment