Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The force is strong with us

During meals, our kids will sometimes reach out their hands and make a fist. The person across the table from them will act as if they are choking. The force choke is common in every household, isn't it?

This evening the children took it a step further. They would wave their hands in an attempt to do the Jedi mind trick. Then Dominic got in on the action. When someone would start the Jedi mind trick, he would do the force choke in their direction, and they would abruptly stop talking and make choking noises.

At one point Samuel looked at me, waved his hand, and said, "you want to give me more potatoes."

To which I replied, "I'm your mom. Jedi mind tricks don't work on me."

Dominic waved his hand at Samuel. "You want to ask politely."

Samuel, laughing almost too much to speak intelligibly, sheepishly asked, "Mom, can I please have more?"

"Sure. Just remember that we're older, more experienced, and stronger in the force," I answered.

There was definitely more laughing than eating going on here tonight.

Rachel, back in January.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! What great, fun memories your family is making. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably would have fallen out of your chair laughing.

    ReplyDelete