Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Fair Conversation

We take our children to the county or state fair every summer. Yes, it's always hot. And yes, it's maddening when our kids act like quails. Overall we enjoy the fair and think it's a good experience for them, so we keep going.

While we were enjoying the county fair experience yesterday, we were passing through the cow pens when Samuel said that we need a cow.

"Oh really? What would we do with a cow?" I asked, thinking of how we have no room for barnyard animals.

"It's simple," he said. "Feed it, then butcher it."

Dominic commented, "I think we've lived in Idaho too long."

When we asked Samuel if he even knew what "butcher" means, he answered correctly. "Kill it and prepare it to eat for food. I want a cow drumstick."

3 comments:

  1. "Mmmmmm. Hot dead cow" Is a common refrain at our dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were having pork loin the other night and I told the kids we were having pig. They kept saying "Please pass the pig." Josh said "It's pork, guys. Pork." Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so funny! I read your comments to my kids, and they keep repeating it back and laughing.

    ReplyDelete