Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vocabulary, which is amusing

I think that the vocabulary of the parents is often reflected in the children. Just as you hear a child cuss at Walmart, and then glare at his or her parents, I heard something from Sammy today that made me smile.

"Which is unfortunate"

Sammy said that after Rachel finally scooted forwards (as opposed to backwards), only to bang her head on some blocks - it was sad, and MaryRuth and I were talking about how that was bad timing - the first attempt at going forward to be meet with such a sad result, and then Sammy piped in with "Which is unfortunate."

Benjamin was also amusing at the last visit to his uncle's house: he went up to Devin with his arms held behind his back and said, "I've been seized." Devin said, "did he just say what I think he said?" The answer was yes, and Benjamin patiently explained what being seized entailed. Which was amusing.

-Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment