Thursday, April 29, 2010

Beautiful World


Elisa has a healthy self-esteem. After I brush her hair, she says that her hair is beautiful. After I brush her teeth, she says her teeth are beautiful. And of course when she wears beautiful dresses, she is a beautiful princess.

Recently, we were looking at the newspaper together. I pointed out an ad for a mother/daughter look-a-like contest. "Do we look alike?" I asked. She turned to me and solemnly stated, "I'm cute." Yes, yes you are, but you didn't really answer the question, I thought.

The other day I noticed that she was staring at her hand. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied, "My hand is boo'ful." Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where even your hand is so beautiful that you can't help but stare at it? I hope she always sees herself that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment