Wednesday, April 21, 2010

salt and band-aids

I am currently wearing a Transformer band-aid. Why? Well, there are two stories here.

1) My mom used to complain about us kids licking the salt shaker. How odd, I thought. I never licked the salt shaker, and I never saw anyone else licking it, either. Where did she come up with such a crazy idea? As we were clearing off the dinner table last night, Lisy came up to me and happily proclaimed, "I lick the salt!" Eww. So perhaps Mom had a valid reason for thinking it was one of us. Sadly, I cut my finger on the edge of the shaker lid while washing it. Our current band-aid choices are neon colors or Transformers.

2) When Samuel was about 2 years old, he needed a band-aid. I gave him the choice of either the superhero or plain ones. He surprised me by choosing the plain band-aids. But when I put it on him, he started crying. It took me a little while, but eventually I realized he wanted a plane, as in airplane, band-aid. I felt so bad for him - he thought I lied to him. Now we only get decorated band-aids. We'll probably never buy plain band-aids again, unless we find some with planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment