Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Child's Prayer

As my children begin to say their own prayers, I've learned never to know what to expect.

Lisy: "Dear Heavenly Father, Amen." Sammy used to pray like this, too. It took a bit of coaching, but he did learn to put something in the middle, as will Lisy.

Benjamin: Often prays for the food to not be poisoned. I make it; I know I don't mix poisonous substances into dinner, yet he says that every time.

Samuel: Likes to pray for our house to never burn down or get struck by lightning. This is very important to him. He even asks for a blessing of fire safety on our future houses, too.

Last night, Samuel asked that we get to church before the opening prayer (I'm happy if we get there before the Sacrament song). And wouldn't you know it? We were all ready an hour early! So we drove around looking at landscaping to get ideas for our yard, and we arrived at church before the prelude music started. Thank you, Samuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment